Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I love a new wallet

I went in to Kohl's today in search of some new capri pants. All 4 of my favorite pair are now big enough on me that I can take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Yay on the weight loss, right? I am not complaining. 13 pounds gone. Woo-hoo.

Kohl's was a disaster area! It looked like a storm of children had run through the store and randomly thrown items on the floor. There was clearance racks jammed everywhere and it was really awful. Normally I enjoy Kohls and always find something I want, but the clothing today was a big fat no. I had a $10 off coupon....what to do, what to do. I headed over to the purse section. : )

I ended up buying a new wallet. I've outgrown the one I currently carry. It seems that every store I shop in has some sort of rewards program, which means another card to carry around with you so they can scan it when you purchase something and eventually earn enough points/rewards that they mail you a coupon/voucher/give you free stuff. While most of them probably aren't worth it, I must admit I use the snot out of my CVS, Kroger, and Tom Thumb ones. Anyway...all this leads to me outgrowing my wallet.

I actually got a really good deal. They were having a Buy 1 Get 1 free deal. So I picked out a nice big grown-up $34 wallet in the I-will-match-everything black pleather. I also chose the matching $24 smaller vacation-size wallet as my freebie...and with my $10 coupon I spent a grand total of $25.98 on both. Way to go. I fully intended my picture of the day to be a shot of my purchase from today, but then my cat had to go do something cute and decided to become part of the living room decor so she's my pic of the day, again.

No comments: