Sunday, January 6, 2008

Surprise parties and celebrity spottings

My husband is the best ever.
As you know this was my birthday weekend. It turned out to be quite the extravaganza! Today was the big day and I must tell you that I don't feel one little bit different from yesterday, although I do have plans to start moisterizing. I don't want anymore lines. tee hee

Friday night rolls around and Nick surprised me with Phase 1 of my birthday celebrations. We went to eat Mongolian food and shortly after we arrived home my wonderful girlfriends Heather and Kaycee showed up. Nick informed me that we were having a sleepover and he was going to his mom's. He packed a bag and left, and we were left to have a fun girly night which meant eating some cookie dough, looking at bridal magazines for Heather, and playing Guitar Hero until 2 am! Then Saturday morning we did a little more wedding stuff before heading to my mother-in-law's house. Nick had told me to be there at 12:15 promptly for a family birthdy party. About 30 minutes after I arrived and while I was sitting around visiting with relatives, all these people start trickling in to the party...friends from Home Depot, friends from church......in all there ended up being about 45 people at his mom's house. Surprise! We had pizza and cake...Nick designed a cake with photos on it for me. It was so cool. That one was vanilla and the second cake was chocolate and in the shape of a ladybug! So cute.

The party lasted around 4 hours and it was so much fun! I was quite proud of his planning skills and for getting everything together. He kept it quiet and even managed to delegate people to bring stuff (plates, cups, ice cream, etc) to help with costs. Way to go.

Saturday night Heather and I did a little more bridal shopping and then spent another evening playing some more Guitar Hero. It's totally addicting, I'm telling you.

This morning after church we went out to eat with a group of friends and the wait staff at Applebee's sang to me and gave me a sundae. This afternoon Nick had told me that we had a date at 3:30 and he'd tell me where we were going when we arrived. Imagine my surprise when
he had me pull in to Medieval Times!
I have only been once and that was about 12 years ago, and he had never been. I was pretty excited and it was just as much fun as I remember.

The coolest part of the night though was the celebrity spotting. I'm such a Celebrity-Nerd.
Michael Cera was at Medieval Times!! Who, you may say?? Well he was in the movie Superbad, which I never saw, and he was on Arrested Development, which I didn't watch, but he's Paulie Bleaker in Juno! I haven't seen it yet but I am going to and I was so excited! He wasn't too keep on having his picture taken, so instead I took a photo of Nick with him in the background. It's not the best photo, but it's still coolness. I fully intend to tell people that I had my 30th birthday dinner with Michael Cera, because technically I did. I don't think he was part of my surprise, but it was a cool addition.

1 comment:

{S} said...

ROFLOL!!!! Love that photo! Happy Happy Birthday sweetie! I truly hope the "30's" are the best years of your life. You deserve all of the best always. (((hugs)))