Friday, November 7, 2008

It's time for a change

My wonderful husband allowed me to purchase a new scrapbook desk last night! We headed to Office Depot to "look"....which meant that I found exactly what I wanted right away and we bought it. Ideally I was hoping to find a desk with a hutch that was affordable, but because they are sold as separate pieces 99% of the time the hutch is just as expensive as the desk itself, so that wasn't really feasible. I came across the desk pictured here, and I knew it was perfect (and only $149!!) We bought it, and then I promptly went home and started assembling my new toy. I spent 3 hours working on it and still am not quite finished, although I have everything except the cabinet doors put on. Once I get it finished, I have to begin the task of completely rearranging our office to make a new desk/scrappy area.

This is mostly due to the current set up of our office not being condusive to me getting a lot of scrapbooking accomplished at home. It's quite annoying when I try to do work because I have to share my scrap space with a computer, keyboard, printer, etc. There's just not enough room. I was inspired last weekend at the ranch to do something about the situation becuase I realized that only scrapping twice a year at the ranch is just not going to cut it. I'll never finish anything.

My plan is to put the 2 desks perpedicular to the wall with space between them equal to the size of my chair mat. Then I can just roll and turn around to the other desk. I will be able to leave the computer as is and utilize it while I am scrappin' on the other desk. It should work out perfectly, asssuming I get it all set up the way it looks in my head. I also might come out of the deal with one less piece of furniture in the office than I have now, if I can condense all the books into 3 bookcases instead of 4.

I will be a busy bee tonight, but I'm hoping to get the bulk of it done. That will partially depend on whether my hand keeps hurting. I have a bright red bruise in the center of my palm from using the crewdriver so much last night...you know, those desks have about a million screws required for assembly.

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Yowch! But it looks like a pretty desk, it's so exciting to get to re-do your scrappy area! Good luck and have fun!!

{S} said...

I think it's time for a pink (or what ever your heart desires)power tool! with different attachments for all your assembly needs!
Have fun setting up your space. I'm looking forward to seeing more creations from you. :~)

Laurie said...

FUN!! what a great desk!

Cindy said...

See, this is why I love digital. No mess. lol