Saturday, April 11, 2009

Let's talk nursery

Nick and I decided quite some time ago that regardless of what we had, a boy or a girl, we were doing a Dr Seuss nursery. Nick has always loved Dr Seuss books and they were a huge part of his childhood. I am allergic to anything too pastel so the bright colors are right up my alley.

There is a pretty big lack of all things Seuss when it comes to nursery decor. Thankfully I have a mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law that sew, and I will be putting them to work on making bedding and a valance for us. I can pick out bright stripes, ginghams, dots...all sort of fun colors and have them mix it all up. But for the walls it's a different story. I came across some really cute nurseries online that did murals and decided that this is the route I'm taking.

So far I've traced off the design I will be painting. Due to the purchase of some larger than expected furniture for the room, I will have to redraw the Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2 because they are now covered, but the main two walls are going forward as planned. Here's what I've done so far:
The mural begins in one corner with the water and the fish and ends by the door with Sam and the green eggs and ham. I can't wait to start painting! It's going to be super cute.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

omg! what a wonderful idea. that mural is going to be awesome!

Laurie said...

WOW!!! did you draw that?? it's awesome!! that is going to be one FAB nursery!!

TammyB said...

That is going to be a very cool nursery! Can't wait to see it painted but it looks great as it is.

{S} said...

whoa!! you rock!! that already looks amazing!!