Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sweet deals

I have been dying to go garage sale shopping for about a month now. This is prime garage sale season in Texas. In another few weeks it will be so hot that it won't be worth digging through other people's junk for a bargain. This morning Kate woke up at 6 to eat, so I fed her, threw on some clothes, and left Daddy in charge.

I hit an area that was having a community-wide sale, so I didn't have to drive all over the place. At my first stop I ended up with 16 pieces of clothing for Kate in various sizes for $4.25. I also scored some great toys! I got a Dora's Talking Dollhouse, retail $55, for $10 in almost new condition with all its accessories! I bought a Little Tikes toy box for $5.00. I found a Fisher Price Animal Sounds farm with accessories for $3.oo, and at the same house I bought 7 board books for Kate for $1. I also got a cool porcelain cross made in Mexico for my living room for 50 cents. I bought 2 really cool old Coca-cola boxes (the kind that hold the glass bottles) for $1.00 each. I wasn't ready to come home yet but I had to get back before Kate's next feeding. I'm hoping I get to go back out next weekend.

No comments: