Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3273.2 miles

After 3273.2 miles, we are finally home. Thank the Lord for that! I am so tired from attempting to sleep in the backseat while Nick did most of the driving. My body has been complaining about trying to get comfortable in the backseat that I was sharing with a carseat. It just doesn't work the same as it did when I was younger.

We repeated the same strategy coming home that we did on the way up. We left Great Falls around 10 pm on Sunday night. We drove through the night so Kate would sleep the whole way, which she did like a champ, and arrived at my sister-in-law's place outside of Boulder about 13 and a half hours later. We rested, took showers, ate lunch and dinner, and Nick got a good 6 hours of sleep. He drove the whole way on that stretch of the trip. After dinner, we headed out from there around 9:30 pm and got to our house in Fort Worth around 11:30 this morning. We had to stop a little bit extra because we were both so tired. Nick woke me up at one point this morning when he just couldn't make it any longer and I took over driving, which I was unprepared for. We spent a little bit more time resting in Wichita Falls before making the last 2 hours home. It was so good to step into our own house and know that we didn't have to leave again this evening to go anywhere.

No comments: