Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is always spent at my in-law's house. They have a long standing tradition of opening the gifts on Christmas Eve, so we continue to do that with them. It's cool because it frees up Christmas Day for my side of the family.This year we enjoyed a big meal of Nana's fried chicken, mashed potatoes and homemade rolls. Oh, and cake, pie, brookies, cupcakes, and cake balls. It was all yummy.
This is Kate's first year that Christmas is actually fun and she can participate. She discovered some of her gifts, namely a baby doll in a little shopping cart, that were not wrapped so she could play with them all day instead of waiting. She also got a big red wagon, which she promptly got in and figured out how to climb onto the benches inside. This was the first time she's actually climbed onto something successfully. I see many not good incidents in the future with regards to the new-found talent.We all got new socks from Santa, which is another family tradition. Nick loves getting new socks. "What kind of gift is socks?" he said as a child, which prompted the giving of socks to became a staple at the holiday.One of the things I asked for this year was my blog to be printed in book format. I requested that each year be printed in its own book, so that meant a total of three books as I've been writing this blog since 2007. Tonight I opened year 2007, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that before the holiday weekend is over I open 2008 and 2009. I love my blog book. It looks so professional and the photos even printed great. I think it will serve as a neat family history some day, and Kate can read it with her children. Even if I am kind of random sometimes - it's me.
Here's some more photos from our Christmas Eve:

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Lovely family, and I can't wait to see the photos of your blog books. I still want to know which company to go with! Merry Christmas!