Monday, January 17, 2011

4

This past weekend we headed to Tyler to celebrate my niece's fourth birthday. I find it hard to believe that she's 4. It won't be long and she'll be a school age child. That's just wrong.She requested a Barbie party, and we all know that no Barbie party is complete without a Barbie cake. A lady from their church made this cake, and it was without question the best tasting chocolate cake I have ever had. I'd kill small puppies to have that lady's recipe.The party was a full-on girls only event. There was nail polish, jewelry making, feather boas, and pink sunglasses. Needless to say, the boys were told they had to leave - daddy, uncle, grandpa and brother. So I let them take Kate too, since she really needed a nap. She fell asleep in the car before they were even out of the driveway.The boys came back in time for present opening, after the girliness concluded. Kate decided to jump in and wear some pink sunglasses so she wouldn't be totally left out of all the female fun.
Happy 4th birthday Kylie. I'm boycotting 5 - I don't think you should be allowed to get any older.

No comments: