Saturday, May 7, 2011

YAWYK April Update

I haven't forgotten You Are What You Keep, I promise. I just couldn't find the April list so that I could update our running totals. I found it tonight in the couch cushions with about 4 crackers. Wonder how that happened?

So, April was out worst YAWYK month yet. I blame Easter. We were doing fairly well with the amount of stuff coming in, and then the Easter bunnies in my family decided to shower my daughter with all sorts of pastel bunny junk that totally messed with my totals. She loved it all, of course, but it was painful for me to right all those hash marks on the list.

We removed 60 items in April and obtained 58. Yeah; that's only 2 items removed! Bah-humbug, Easter. So far in 2011, we have removed 619 items, obtained 278 with a net loss of 341.

I know what you are thinking, and you would be correct. We are going to have to severely pick up the pace if we intend to get rid of 2011 items. At this point I'm not thinking we'll have a net loss of 2011; I'm thinking it's more like we'll get rid of that many and hopefully keep our gains under half of that number.

I can report though that so far May has been a very good month for removing items. I took 4 garbage bags full of stuff to Goodwill last Thursday, and today I redecorated a little bit and removed some stuff that I'm just tired of looking at.

I also dusted, which is pretty monumental for me, but it doesn't have anything to do with this update. I just wanted you to know.

No comments: