Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Haunted Gingerbread

Yia yia bought Kate one of those gingerbread house kits to build and decorate her own haunted mansion, so today in between pumpkin carving we put that together. Kate helped Yia yia build the house and put some of the icing on the edges, and then patiently waited as the icing hardened enough to start the fun part.

Once it was ready, I started drawing windows and doors on the house so we could then decorate it with the candy that came in the kit as well as some Nerds candy that Kate got at trunk 'r treat the other night. Kate spent more of her time eating the candy than helping me decorate. She did one of the "stained glass" windows, stuck the gum drops on the roof, and then she told me that I needed to finish while she watched Tom & Jerry. She came back in time to spread out the coconut grass. I couldn't get her to take a picture with our creation but she was still proud of it.

No comments: