Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo Parade

I have lived in Fort Worth for almost 10 years now and I have never bothered to go to the Stock Show parade. Some photography friends were meeting up this year to take photos at the parade, so I decided it was time I attend. While it's really cool to see all the cowboys and horses parading through downtown, and it's fun to think about all the sand truck that had to sand the roads and then turn around and clean it all back up after, and it's probably a big honor to get to ride in the parade, let me tell you this: it's pretty much TWO HOURS of people riding horses through downtown Fort Worth with the occasional chuck wagon and marching band thrown in. TWO hours. It was the longest parade ever, and we weren't sure that it would ever end.
I got some cool shots though. Enjoy.

 There's seriously something so very cute about little tiny cowboy hineys in baggy Wranglers.
 This little guy was bored with the parade too, after the first hour. I caught him playing in the Sundance Squacre fountains. Who can resist fountains, even if there is a parade going on?
 After the parade we headed down to the Stockyards, along with every single human within a 10 ile radius of downtown. I've seriously never seen it so busy down there. It was insanity. We met up with Lola, the official photographer of The Fort Worth Herd, and she introduced us to the longhorns (they all have names) and we also met John Wayne...sort of.
 A lightly different view of the infamous Stockyards sign.

No comments: