Sunday, December 14, 2014

Crazy Saturday

Saturday was the busiest day I have had in a long, long time. It was the weekend of a million things going on, for sure. Every year Mandy and I shoot the photos for Breakfast with Santa at her church, so I hit the road at 7:30 to head to Waxahachie for that. Nick stayed home with Kate and they went on a special shopping trip to get Mommy some presents for Christmas. I might have had a few Quinn snuggles while I was there...but seriously, is she not the cutest baby ever? I love her perfectly round head and her little facial expressions kill me. If they were all going to look like this, Mandy and Dan should have 6 more babies.
 As soon as we were finished with Santa, I hit the road back to the house so that Nick could then head to Forney to work on Dad's computer while I took Kate to the ballet to see The Nutcracker. She has been SO excited about the ballet ever since we saw Sleeping Beauty, and especially excited about The Nutcracker. She loved it, and she whispered during the entire show again. She was also completely blown away by it snowing inside Bass Hall. That might have been her favorite part.
"I know this song!"
"The snow queen is my favorite!"
"I can do that too!"
"I don't like the rat king,"
"I love her dress!"
"The sugar plum fairy is my favorite!"
"Clara is my favorite!"
Once the ballet was over, we high tailed it back home so we could change really quickly, and then I had to drop Kate off over at Yiayia's because Nick wasn't quite home from Forney just yet. I was heading to Red Oak, Texas with Mom and Trey because Richard was filling in for the bass player in the Red Oak Opry that night and he has asked me to come and take some photos. He doesn't have a ton of pictures of himself playing, so I agreed to tag along. So back towards Waxahachie I went.
 After the show, which lasted until 9:30, we were all starving so we went to Denny's with some members of the band. Around 11 I decided I was beyond ready to be home, so Mom and Trey headed back with me and I finally stepped in my door at 12:30 am. It was a long day, but a good day.

No comments: