Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sparks flying!

On Thursday night, despite the large thunderstorm that was heading in from the west, my camera club got together in the evening out in Weatherford to play with steel wool and lighters. I never know that you could light steel wool on fire and it would burn away, creating cool sparks as it burned off. Now place that steel wool into a metal whisk and swing it around...and you have some awesome photography opportunities. We played around with long exposures and since the storm was blowing in we caught some lightening in the background as well, at least until the rain began to fall.

These are my best images. They're not perfect, but this was my first time and the weather was keeping me from concentrating on focus and other things since it was getting kind of scary out there.

No comments: