Saturday, September 5, 2015

First 2 Weeks of School...an update

So far Kate has really enjoyed school. She has told me a few stories but mostly has settled into answering "fine" when asked anything about her day. I have even tried asking very direct questions, like "Tell me something that made you laugh today." or "What was your favorite thing you did today?" so that she would have to give me some other answer than "fine". Usually those questions are met with "I don't know. I don't remember." So I give up and just assume that if she has a story to tell me, she will tell me. Her favorite thing about school so far is going to the library.

She has made several friends. More frequently I hear about a little girl named Tatum. On Friday I got to meet Tatum's mom and apparently Tatum talks about Kate just as much as Kate talks about Tatum. I know one of her fears before starting school was that she wouldn't make any friends, so I'm very thankful that she has several that she talks about regularly although Daddy isn't too happy that many of them are boys.

Her teacher has been great as well and Kate seems to really like her. So far I can't complain about anything that we have encountered, apart from having to wake up so early every day. But I have become quite productive at home since I have no one to play with or who needs me to feed them or anything like that. I have been able to fill my days quite nicely and have even picked up a couple of part time jobs as a retail merchandiser. So far I have only worked about 12 hours, but maybe that will pick up some more soon and I can have a little fun money.

We all wore our blue on Friday the 4th for the Back the Blue police campaign. 

No comments: