Monday, February 29, 2016

February

February has come and gone, with one extra day thrown into the mix because of leap year. We mostly did our normal routine, not too much out of the ordinary happened. 
 On the 18th we saw Barry Manilow at the American Airlines Center. This was part of his final tour. Although he's not retiring, he won't be going on the road for tours anymore so we decided to buy tickets and went with our usual concert buddies, Brad and Kimilee. As usual, he put on a great show!
 Kate has been doing great at school, and It's hard to believe that we only have 3 more months of kindergarten left! This year has gone by really quickly. I'm starting to get nervous about first grade - mainly because Kate is NOT going to understand why if she isn't in a class with her two school besties, Tatum and Addison.
 I did some early voting for the primary and I must say, I'm totally over this presidential election this year. I honestly don't really care deeply for any of the candidates, but some of them I downright despise. I keep joking that if certain people win, I'm picking up the family and moving to a tropical island in the Caribbean, but I honestly don't know how much of a joke that would be if we had the funds to actually do so. In the meantime, I will just keep praying about it. But it's getting scary, I'll tell you that.
 Mandy and I went to one of two Painting With a Twist nights we have to accomplish. It's our birthday tradition, so we go twice - once for her and once for me. This time we painted a Wizard of Oz themed painting (it was Oscars week) and had our usual fun. I've still got to pick out the second painting, so we shall go again soon.

No comments: