Friday, June 16, 2017

Painting rocks? Yes, please!

Before swim lessons, we had some time to kill so Kate and I stopped at a park near Cheryl's house for a little bit. While Kate played in the playground, I took off around the walking track that encircles it and watched her play as I walked. Along the path, I came across a painted rock that looked like an alligator's head, and then another yellow one with a heart that kind of looks like Ohio. I had heard that some people were painting rocks and hiding them all over for others to find, so I was pretty excited that we had stumbled upon them.
 I did a little research about where you could find rocks to paint, so after swim Kate and I went to a landscape company that sells mulch and stones in bulk and picked out 30 pounds of rocks to paint. We go big, you know?
Thankfully I already had a ton of acrylic paints leftover from various projects, so we didn't need to go buy paint or anything like that. We got to work painting pretty much right away. Kate started with some ladybugs and I did an assortment of designs. I painted that rocks white first so that the paint colors would really stand out on them.
 We sealed the rocks once they were all dry and ready to go. I think out first batch turned out lovely, and now we will have to go to the park and leave them around for people to find. But I think it's safe to say that we've got a new hobby to be hooked on this summer, and I'm thinking of all kinds of designs I want to paint!

No comments: