Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's always the last batch

It seems that no matter how many times I've done it or how careful I've been, I always burn the last batch of cookies. Tonight it actually happened to be the 2nd to last batch, but it was close enough. I think I just get tired of thinking about the by the time I get to the end. I never just stay in the kitchen and wait -- I have far too many things to be doing for that.

Take tonight for instance. I am getting ready to go to my scrapbook retreat, so I have to get my clothes packed, finish making the snacks I'm in charge of bringing, and pack all my scrapbook things up so I can hit the road as soon as possible tomorrow. Then it's 3 days of peace and scrapbooking...nothing greater in the world.

Yesterday was one of the most horrible days at work. My co-associate at the desk was sick so she left almost as soon as I walked in the door, and I was left all alone at the service desk until 2 with the phones ringing non-stop because they cut my phone room person for the day. It was awful - there were non-stop complainers and high maintenance people needing stuff. I had reached the end of my rope and I spent the drive home in tears because I just had to let it out somewhere.

It all happened to make my scrapbook weekend that much sweeter I think.

So adios for a few days -- I will be back with a ton of new LOs finished and probably some really funny stories.

No comments: