Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A non-PRK related Blog!

To quote: "News Corp.'s MySpace social networking site is using personal details contained on users' profile pages and blogs to sell highly targeted advertising, the company said Tuesday. "

So, now instead of ignoring an ad for cell phone ringtones, finding a date, and whatever else those really annoying blinky ads are selling, I can ignore ads completely targeted to the keywords that I myself have unknowingly placed on my page. Perhaps if I mention my car, I'll get a bunch of car advertisments. Maybe I could even go so far as to say that I drive a Nissan Altima....will a Nissan ad appear for some 2008 model that I have no intention of buying because based on what I read last week on Yahoo! Money, I need to keep my car for at least 225,000 miles in order to save over $30,000 during the course of my car's life.

I am sure that some MySpace users will be outraged at the "disrespect for their privacy" or some crap like that. Privacy? Really? It's the internet people, it's posted online for the world to see. If you don't want it out there, maybe you should go to Barnes & Noble and buy yourself a lined journal and write it in there.

I still don't plan on clicking on any of the ads. Even if I log in to MySpace and a banner with MY PHOTO appears and the words "Hey Brandi, click here" I'm not going to click on it. I don't click on web advertisements, just like I don't buy crap from infomercials.

I got a hair cut yesterday. Nick sort of noticed - he asked if I got a haircut, and I didn't say anything, and so he decided that I didn't, and then he decided that I did....so after making him fret a while I finally confirmed that indeed, I did get a haircut. Boys.

No comments: