Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Right eye, Heal thyself! PRK Blog 9

Ugh.
I'm pleased to say that the Big White Blob has dissipated and is now just a blur because my right eye has fallen behind in the race to cure itself. But because there's still some healing to do, this eye has become a source of pain at times.

Typically by 8/8:30 at night, my right eye begins its daily attempt to drive me crazy. This spot on my eye that is still healing - it seems to morph into something entirely different because every time I blink it feels like I'm dragging an eyelash or metal object across my eye. I also become pretty light sensitive around that time at night. (Remember the sunglasses and pillow on my head? Night-time.) Last night I finally gave up trying to finish the episode of LA Ink I was watching and went to bed around 9:30. I'm just ready for that spot to heal.

Other than that my overall vision is improving, though sometimes it seems to take a step back and other times it leaps forward and things get really clear. The doctors told me this would happen - it would fluctuate but continue to improve until the healing process was complete. Sometimes I find myself wishing I had stuck to the Lasik since I'd be through with the healing by now, but I keep reminding myself that in the long haul this is better. Isn't that the way it goes? The really great things take more work....it's not always supposed to be easy.

No comments: