Thursday, September 27, 2007

A PRK Update - Day 16 PRK Blog 10

So I haven't updated my PRK status in a while so I thought I would do that quickly for those who were wondering.

I'm happy to say that my right eye has healed over and I was able to drop one of the eye drops I had been using from my daily eye-drop routine. That leave me with just 2 prescribed eye drops I'm using, one 4 times a day and the other just twice a day. I'm using artificial tears to refresh my eyes a lot, but I might always have to do this so I won't count it.

My eyesight is not perfect yet though. My left eye is still much clearer than the right, and usually the mornings are clearer than by the evening. I don't know if my eyes just get tired or what...but I have a feeling a lot of it can be blamed on eye strain from computer use. I have a job that requires I sit in front of my computer all day long. So I'm pretty sure this is affecting it. I've been trying to take lots of breaks, even if its just to turn away from the computer for 30 seconds and close my eyes for a break. I use my re-wetting drops a lot, and I'm hoping that in time I will build my computer-use tolerance up where it won't be so much trouble.

Last week at the eye doc he mentioned that it's always possible that my right eye was under-corrected, which would mean another surgery to correct it all the way, but of course they'd have to wait for at least 6 months or so before they could even be sure. I don't think this is the case, because there are times when my vision in my right eye is really good. Those are usually the times I'm not at a computer a lot so that's why I've come to the conclusion that eye strain is the culprit.

I go back to the doc today....it's been 6 days since my last eye doc check-in. I guess since he's spacing them farther apart that much mean good things.

No comments: