Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's a small world after all

I'm sure you probably read about the 14-year-old girl who was rescued froma cruise ship at sea with a burst appendix. It was a pretty cool story - a crew from the USS Ronald Reagon rescued her and eseentially saved her life with an emergency appendectomy aboard their ship. That rocks. What I find so very cool is that one of the flight docs on that ship is my childhoo friend Billy. I've known him since we were in the 3rd grade and he's dating my best friend...and he's now a little more famous than he was because his picture is on the news and stuff. That's him in the center of the photo. Pretty cool stuff!

I can't believe that Christmas is 5 days away. I have completed almost all of my gifts...I only have 2 more items to make and I am DONE! It's a beautiful thing. I still have 4 or 5 Christmas cards to mail and I'm afraid those are going to be late...sorry. I did the best I could. I managed to get 30 or so mailed.

I need to take another photo of my tree...I can't BELIEVE the amount of presents I have sitting under there! I went all out this year...and it shows. I'm glad we are blessed to be able to buy lots of goodies for people. It makes me happy to give gifts. I just love it!!

Speaking of gifts, while I really appreciate the gesture I wish the tenants in our office building hadn't brought by a huge tin filled with chocolate-covered pretzels, chocolate peanut clusters, and chocoloate/caramel popcorn. It's sweet, and you didn't have to, but seriously....you're making it difficult for me to keep off the 20 pounds I've lost since June.

No comments: