Saturday, December 15, 2007

A night at the movies

We went to the movies last night and saw I am Legend. It wasn't my pick of movies to see. There is actually quite a lengthy list of stuff I'd rather see. Some friends wanted to go see it and so the group decided that's what we'd do, so I went. I can't say that it was a bad movie, but I didn't care for it. It was a lot more horror-like than I was expecting, and there was some profound sadness in there that I was unprepared for. I cried, I screamed, I said a couple of bad words, and I shut my eyes a few times. It has all the classic make-you-jump moments, and the creatures that come out at night are quite literally terrifying, if you allow your imagination to take hold of them, which I do. In fact when we got home from the movies (late show) I couldn't go to sleep yet. I knew if I tried I'd dream about it and I didn't want to, so I stayed up until 2:30 this morning playing Guitar Hero. Basically, if you are expecting a classic Will Smith ID4 type of heroic movie, then don't go. This isn't it. If you want to be a little bit scared and a little bit alarmed, and then about 12 hours later want to try and come up with a logical answer to some of the questions that have formed since seeing the movie, then go.

It's super chilly outside today and I'm hoping at some point that leads to some snow or something. It would be sad to have had all this rain this week, and then when it actually hints around at being cold enough for snow, we get none. We'll see.

1 comment:

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

We've been talking about going to see "I am Legend" so I was interested in reading your opinion of it! :-)