Friday, April 25, 2008

Karma is a good thing

Last week I was at the mall and remembered I had about $24 on a gift card to Bath & Body works from some returns I made. I picked out some goodies and ended up with $1.08 left after my purchase, so as I turned to walk out I handed the gift card to a lady in line and told her to use the rest. I figured I would just forget about it after a while...one less thing to carry.

Ah, karma.....yesterday I had to take the TRE (commuter train that travels back and forth between Fort Worth and Dallas) to the American Airlines Center for the Van Halen concert. My husband carpooled over there with the couple we were going to the show with, so instead of them all traveling out of their way to pick me up I met them there. I was at the ticket kiosk trying to get my debit card to work to pay for the $3.00 train fare when a lady who had just stepped off the train handed me her train pass and said "Here, this is good all day and I don't need it anymore." Cha-ching! My $1.08 gift to the universe returned $3 to me. Not a bad investment. See, it pays to be nice.

Before the show we walked over to the West End and ate at the Spaghetti Warehouse. Despite our horrible waitress the food was yumminess. I ordered the Crab-crusted Tilapia with Garlic Shrimp. I HIGHLY recommend this dish next time you find yourself staring at the Spaghetti Warehouse menu....soooo good.

Eddie Van Halen is a force to be reckoned with on a guitar. Wow. I have never in my life seen anyone's fingers move so fast! He was awesome...the whole band was. I could have done without David Lee Roth's foul mouth, but as long as he was singing it was ok. They played for 2 hours and the show was awesome. There's something about hearing "Jump" played live - it was great!!! I'd love to see them again with Sammy Hagar to decide which one I like better.

I took over 100 photos and even shot a few videos...but they're not uploaded yet. In fact they're still in my purse in the camera, so you'll have to wait until this evening probably before I have them online for you to see. Have no fears though - I took photos!!!!

2 comments:

{S} said...

YAY!!! So glad the concert happened and it was good. I can't wait to see your photos.
I personally prefer Sammy to David Lee. Sammy is just the best! Van Halen's first album was one of my very first musical influences. When they parted ways with DLR and brought in Sammy I was really heart broken... for a minute. LOL!! Sammy won me over instantly and I was then a Van Hagar fan for life. Maybe someday you'll get a chance to see them together live.

Ann Marie said...

re: inchies: yeah, I thought so, too, but people collect them--hence me saying they're like ATCs.

http://www.stampingmad.com/inchies/