Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yay for 3 day weekends

I just don't know what's been wrong with me lately. The past few nights I've returned home after a day at work and I'm just exhausted. I feel asleep on the couch again last night. We're not talking a little sleepy...we're talking so tired that I dozed off while Nick was giving me a long hug in the kitchen. Seriously. Once I get about 30 minutes of rest, then I'm good to go, usually. Monday night when we got home from bowling I literally crashed...I laid at the end of the bed talking to Nick and when he disappeared to take a shower I was gone. At some point I woke up and put myself in bed the proper way but I don't recall that. I hope this passes because it makes my evenings a little less than productive.

This past weekend was Girl Weekend...I met up with Heather and Kaycee and we stayed in Dallas at a Courtyard Marriott. We shopped at the Galleria on Saturday morning and then hung out in the pool that afternoon. We ate way too much at a yummy steakhouse that night, and Sunday we went to the Dallas World Aquarium. I hadn't been in a few years, since they did some extensive remodeling and adding-on. That place is even more awesome than it was. It's well worth the $18.95 admission. I have several photos on my Flickr site. Every girl needs a weekend with her girls now and then, and I really enjoyed mine.

We received the itinerary for our San Francisco trip in the mail a couple of days ago!! Woo-hoo. In 73 days I'll be hopping on a plane, first class....yeah, baby!! Our seats are 2A and 2B. Ha ha ha...that's so great!! I can totally forgive having a 6:23 am flight if I'm sitting in first class. That just means my sleeping on the way will be that much more comfortable. I'm getting excited though. We haven't taken a trip since last September when we went to Denver. If gas prices weren't so traumatic right now, we'd use this long weekend to do one of our road trip vacations. A couple of years ago while I was still working at Home Depot, my days off just happened to create a nice 4-day weekend for me. Nick was still teaching school back then, so he had his summer off. We decided to make a circle on a map of about a 5 hour drive radius and pick somewhere within that radius to go...and we ended up in Wichita, Kansas. I booked us a room at a B&B and we explored Wichita for 4 days. We stopped in Oklahoma City on the way up and back to visit the Alphred Murrah Memorial as well as the zoo. That was one of the best trips - totally spontaneous. We just did whatever we wanted. We wondered around downtown Wichita taking photographs of all the bronze statues they have down there, visited the botanical gardens, played putt-putt, and just hung out. If it didn't cost so much to drive I'd do it again; pick another city and just go. Sadly it's just not in the budget right now.

A friend of ours introduced us to the Shiver Shack, this cute little hang-out right down the road from our house (literally within walking distance) that we had never visited. Oh how I love shaved ice snowcones now. These aren't like the snowcones from my childhood...they are soft and yummy. There are something like 7000 flavors. Ok, that might be an exaggeration, but there are a lot. Since discovering this little jewel we've been every Monday night after bowling and a couple of times after the boys finished playing tennis. I've tried something different on each visit: cinnamon, cream soda (which is red, not brown), red velvet/buttercream, root beer/buttercream, and buttercream with chocolate syrup. It's always a difficult task to pick the next flavor to try.

1 comment:

{S} said...

I've only read the first paragraph but had to post my instant thought! Maybe you are preggers!?! Being as tired as you described, was one of my first symptoms. :~O {giggles}