Saturday, July 5, 2008

Good Morning July 5

July 4th turned out to be a very long day.

I started out the morning by taking my friend Heather to the airport for her 22 hour trek to Guam. Her Navy husband is going to be there for a week so she's there with him now. Super fun! I followed that by taking both of our cars and Heather's as well to the car wash. We then headed over to my mother-in-law's for a big lunch. Around 6 we headed over to Dallas with another couple to a big fireworks show at Fair Park and once we left there we decided that we needed to catch the midnight showing of Hancock. I know it was after 2 am before I got to bed.

I know you're wondering, so I'll go ahead and tell you that Hancock was just ok. It was only an hour and a half long, and I felt like they could have added another 30 minutes or so for story line. All of the information you were given was very quick and concise. There was definitely more emphasis on the action. There was also a lot more language than I ever remember Will Smith using. I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there that loved it, and I didn't hate it, I just wasn't as thrilled as I thought. It definitely had a lot of room for improvement.

Last night as we were leaving Fair Park, we saw the funniest accident I've ever seen. There were about 6000 cars all trying to leave on the same road at the same time. We're talking serious traffic, which meant we were doing a whole lot of sitting. Two lanes over from us a car full of teenage/college age girls bumps into the car in front of her. When I say bump, I mean imagine the absolute lightest possible way to hit a car. I seriously doubt there was any damage at all. So the guy driving the car in front puts it in park and hops out, so I roll my window down so I can take in all that is about to occur.

In his very thick Hispanic accent he yells, "Hey, you hit my car, what did you do that for?" to which valley girl replies "No I didn't! Barely!!" and we all start laughing. Then she apologizes, and he yells for her to back up so he can see his bumper because she's still about 4 inches away from the back end of his car. So she puts her car in reverse and moves back about 4 more inches!! Ha ha! It was hilarious. So he had to yell at her to move some more (she had several feet of room behind her) and by then it our lane was moving so we had to miss the rest of the show. Greatness.

*warning to my male readers...this is about to get girly*
As for my being so tired lately, one of my friends suggested that the source of my tiredness could be from being pregnant. While that would not be an entirely bad thing, I wonder if it's possible to be, not have any other symptoms other than being tired, and also get a negative result a week or so ago. Hmmm. Because Mr. Monthly Visitor hasn't been around since April, however
over the course of the past year and a half that is not a strange thing to happen. Since my January Curves visits began, it had become somewhat normal again until April. Do some people just test negatively, no matter what? Do some people not have any other indication that might clue them in? Anyway, the past couple of days I've not been tired. So who knows. I think my body just does whatever it wants to whenever it wants to.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I have no professional experience in this area other then having been pregnant twice....but someone (I think my dr) told me that you can have false negative tests but not falst positive....I know that info doesn't help you AT ALL!!! sounds like you guys had a great 4th!!

candy said...

Yep. It can be false negative if you're not far enough along to have the hormone build-up to register on the test. If you think it's at all possible, I'd wait about a week and take another test. Preferably a different brand.

Sherri said...

you never know. could have not been accurate! Could just be all the exercise and your body adjusting to it.
thanks for review on Hancock. about what I expected to hear. I won't being paying to see it. boys would probably like to.