Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Something happened...

...that I am quite sure has never happened in my house before tonight. I went into the laundry room to take the towels out of the washer and put them into the dryer. I placed the empty laundry basket in front of the dryer so that I could empty the clothes out that needed to be folded first and then refill with clean, wet clothes. I opened the dryer door and there were no clothes inside to be folded. I was staring into a completely empty dryer.

This can mean only one thing...someone broke into our house this afternoon and stole the clothes out of the dryer. It's almost certainly not because one of us took the clothes out and folded them just because they were ready. No, see, the only way we remember to fold clothes in our house is if we have a load of stuff to move from the washer to the dryer. Otherwise the last load of clothes we dried tend to stay in the dryer until we wash another load or one of us runs out of underwear.
I just finished baking 96 koulourakias. It's sort of a scone like cookie that you're supposed to dip into coffee or hot tea. I don't drink coffee or hot tea, but that didn't stop me from eating a couple right out of the oven. They were pretty good, especially for my first time baking them. Friday night some friends of ours are having an Opening Ceremonies Party and each couple has to bring food from another country to eat. By the time I was called, all the easy countries were taken so I picked Greece because my husband is part Greek and his Nana knows how to make many Greek treats. Thursday night I'm going to be at her house making baklava and keftedes, which are Greek meatballs. So tonight I thought I'd try something on my own and picked the koulourakias, mostly because I already had all the ingredients I'd need to make them. I even made one sort of shaped like the Olympics rings just for kicks.

No comments: