Saturday, September 20, 2008

Home sweet homeSan Francisco, day 5

We woke up Friday morning pretty much exhausted. I had almost completely packed on Thursday night so that we'd have a little time for at least some walking around on Friday morning. We dressed and threw the rest of our stuff into the suitcases and headed out for one last breakfast at Joanie's Diner. It became our breakfast spot of choice for the week, due in part to its somewhat cheap prices and close proximity to the hotel.

After filling our bellies we decided to walk back down to the beach and get one last glimpse (and take a few last shots) of the bay and the bridge. We purchased a few souvenirs at then headed back to the hotel to wait for our driver. I was a little bit sad when that big black sedan pulled up to take us back to the airport.

Our flight from San Francisco to Memphis was just fine. We had one of the best flight attendants I've ever met taking care of us so she helped things go smoothly. They sure feed you a lot in first class. We had a huge lunch and it seemed like every 30 minutes she was coming back with another round of snacks or beverages.

By the time we arrived in Memphis I was done flying. Although we only have another 64 minutes in the air I wasn't sure I would make it. I had an excellent book to keep me company, and if it hadn't been for that I might have gone stir crazy.

By the time our ride from the airport dropped us off at home it was just after 10. I was so tired but my mind wasn't sleepy yet. I ended up unpacking a couple of bags although I said I was going to wait to do that on Saturday, and finished my book before I finally fell asleep. We both agreed to let the other sleep in today, so pretty much we've been useless all day long. I did manage to do a couple of loads of laundry in between laying around.

In all I took 1,149 photos, which I now have to sort through, edit, and organize. I'm going to be busy with that for a while, but eventually I'll get the good ones loaded to my Flickr site and I'll post the link because I know you're all just dying to see.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I was reading the Twilight series. I read the first book on the flight to California, and then I read the second book on the flight home. I woke up this morning and started the third book, and I finished it this evening. I guess I'll start the fourth on tomorrow. I am obsessed now.


Stamps meet INK! said...

I'm happy to read that you had a safe and uneventful journey back home again. I totally LOVED reading all about your adventures.

I'm going to start saving up to go next year... wonder if that'll happen? ;)

TammyB said...

I've enjoyed reading about your trip. I've been wanting to go to SF for such a long time. So glad you had such a great time.

Sherri said...

I think you will have plenty of photos to scrap!