Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey, Travel, & Tracking

We traveled to Tyler for Thanksgiving at my brother's house this year. My Dad picked up my Granny from her nursing home in Mt. Pleasant and we had a nice time stuffing our faces and watching football.
This of course meant spending 2 days playing with my darling niece, so I didn't complain one tiny bit. She's so cute. She gave me and Nick a celebrity couple name: Branick. Apparently when she talks about us collectively, that's how she refers to us. I like it. I think the paparazzi would like it too.After lunch we played outside a while and an "athletic" game of frisbee ensued between my husband and my brother. Kylie helped a little bit.
We drove home on Friday afternoon and decided to stop by one store before we headed to the house so that I could pick up the stuff my little brother wanted for Christmas. Toys 'r Us...ugh. The thought makes me cringe - I went to TRU on Black Friday. I don't shop on Black Friday, at least not outside my home. I'm all about online shopping - except for the doorbuster items you can buy 99% of what's offered in stores online for the same prices...in your pjs. So to stop by TRU was a major ordeal for me. Being as it was almost 6 pm before we got there it really wasn't crowded, thankfully. We didn't even have to wait in line to check out, and I was able to buy both items he wanted plus some extra stuff for my niece. Shocker, I know.

We decided to go to the movies last night and saw Four Christmases. It was too funny! I love Vince Vaughan and Reese Witherspoon. I recommend it.

I officially have tracking information for my new camera!!! She should arrive on Wednesday. Time to stalk the UPS man!!

No comments: