Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lift off!

I played hookie for about an hour from work today to go watch the space Shuttle Endeavor take off from NAS Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base this morning. The shuttle landed here yesterday afternoon due to bad weather in Florida, where it was headed. I didn't get to see the landing, but I didn't want to miss the take off and the AFB is not far from my office. There were hundreds of people out to see the event....cars were lining the freeway and pulled onto every empty patch of land around.
The whole thing took less than 3 minutes, but it was totally cool to see. I got the opportunity to try out my telephoto lens and see something I'll probably not get to see again. Nifty way to spend an hour away from work, I think.

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

That is so cool. Seriously. I had no idea they just strapped it onto a plane like that for transport! But makes sense, lol.

{S} said...

How interesting. My dad would have had a cow over being able to witness something like that. :~)

Laurie said...

OMG!! that is so so cool!! I would've done the same thing! I'm so glad you got to see it and get some great pictures too!

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

You're a lucky girl living where they do this kind of thing! I'm glad you got to go see it. Your pics are GREAT!