Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fun mail day

Friday I received my first baby gift in the mail! My dear friend Jeannie ordered the Dr. Seuss crib sheet for us from Pottery Barn Kids! I'm so excited...I can't wait to wash it and put it on the crib mattress. Before I can do that I have to clean out all the stuff that's currently sitting in the crib, so it could be a little while, LOL. I plan on making some progress on the nursery over Memorial Day weekend. We don't have any plans other than having a three day weekend. I want to get started painting and should finally have the time by then. Senior scrapbooks have to be finished by this Sunday, and that has been taking all of my time that would have otherwise been spent in the nursery. I know you are all dying to see the paint on the walls just as much as I am.

Monday the Fuzzi Bunz diapers I ordered arrived! More fun stuff to play with...and stack in the crib. They are so cute! I love the bright colors. Our child is going to be styling big time. The only thing I need now is a baby to borrow so I can try them out. : ) I haven't ordered any of the proper detergent to wash them with yet so really I can't do much with them but oogle at their cuteness for now.

Today I had to go ring shopping. I have discovered a new pregnancy side effect...my hands are swollen a lot and that translates into my wedding ring not fitting so great anymore. I can't stand for my jewelry to be tight and here lately my ring has been getting on my nerves, especially by the end of the day. I used to sleep with my rings on every night; now I have to take them off. It was only a matter of time before I would not be able to get them on anymore, especially when the hot summer hits. I hit a couple of stores and ended up in Macys where I found a lovely little "diamond" ring (ha!) on sale for $16. Can't beat that, right?! I wasn't about to shell out the money to have my real ringed sized up and then have to have it sized down again...so I went cheap. A friend of mine at work did that and she was pregnant when I came on board...so after she had her baby I noticed one day she was wearing a different ring. I didn't even know the one she was wearing while pregnant was fake! I know you guys won't tell. :)

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Those diapers are ADORABLE! And I wanna see your new ring! :-)

Ann

j.logan said...

Whoo Hoo, glad it got there and that you like it. The diapers are so cute and I hope that they work well for you. Diapers have come a long way since mine needed them!
Jeannie

TammyB said...

Those little diapers are just adorable! Like Ann, I want to see your new ring as well ;)

Laurie said...

those diapers are SO stinkin cute!!! and I couldn't wear a watch while I was pregnant...drove me nuts!