Saturday, July 25, 2009

Snowball

Thanks to Dave Ramsey and his snowball method, we are set to pay off dear little Anna Versa next month. This month I took advantage of the five pay days and paid my entire check from last week on the car, which will be in addition to our regular snowball payment that falls next week. That will bring us down to just $1200-ish on our loan, which we'll take care of next month and Anna will be ours! It feels sweet to pay off a 6 year car loan in 2 years.

That is definitely a big help with the little one on the way. Now we have to see about tackling the house loan. I wish I could cut the length of that puppy down by 33%!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! Good for you!

Ann Marie said...

We are hoping to do the debt snowball stuff this fall once I start getting paychecks again. If we don't have any kids, we can get all our student loans, cc, and the house paid off in 6 years, which is very exciting! However, we'd rather have a kid. LOL So hopefully it will take us longer to pay it all off. ;-)

Sherri said...

I so LOVE having an extra check every so often! good for you

Laurie said...

I just love Dave!! congrats!!