Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Lorax

The Lorax is Nick's favorite Dr. Seuss story. That partially explains why he's such a die-hard recycler. He had a Lorax t-shirt that was too big for him but we kept because you just don't get rid of a Lorax t-shirt, so we gave it to Nana to turn into a baby quilt. She did a fabulous job and it is so cute!This was the front of the t-shirt. "I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees."This was the back side.I don't know how well you can see it, but Nana stitched trees all around the border. So cute.

There will be two more quilts joining this one. Nick's mom and aunt both had Dr. Seuss t-shirts as well, so she is also making quilts from those.

4 comments:

{S} said...

that is adorable!! You are so blessed to have family that are creative like you! Your child is going to be so so so spoiled, it the best possible way. :~)

Molly said...

I can see the trees and this quilt is adorable! Perfect addition to little little Miss's room! :-)

Angy said...

Cute! I also like how your blog page changes regularly. I am too lazy to do that.

Sherri said...

This is so cool. You are lucky to have someone to make you such a nice gift. I've never heard of this book but it's cool it's his favorite and now you have a baby guilt!