Sunday, September 13, 2009

Building a boat

I'm contemplating ordering gopher wood to start my ark. If the rain doesn't let up soon I might have to (although as I type this I realize that it has stopped raining for now. I actually think that's the first time in 2 days.)

It's been a long weekend. Our good friends Brad and Kimilee were married on Friday night and Nick served as the best man so we spent all Thursday evening at rehearsal dinner and then the wedding on Friday evening. It was a really lovely ceremony though and I had my camera, so I was totally in my element. Kimilee actually asked me to take photos during the ceremony, which I was planning on doing, so it was sort of my first experience photographing a church wedding. I am not overly pleased with the shots but that mostly has to do with the lighting in the building. They had very minimal lighting and lots of candlelight for the ceremony and reception, which was lovely for ambiance but a pain in the rear for photography. I hope the guy she actually paid to take pictures ended up with some better shots than I did. He should have; his equipment cost about $5000 more than mine did. (I wish I was exaggerating.)

Doesn't he look so handsome in a tux?

No comments: