Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I thought of some more!

I thought of a couple of peeves to add to yesterday's list. You just thought I was finished.
  • Random quotation marks I don't know why people think it's ok to use quotation marks to emphasis a point. They are not to be used to highlight a particular word on your sign. If you want to highlight a word, use bold text or a different color. It's not that difficult.Leaving cooking time on the microwave This happens at work on a regular basis. Someone will put their lunch in the microwave to reheat, let it run for a minute and a half out of 2 minutes, and open the door to remove their food. They will then walk away with their reheated food, leaving those last few seconds sitting on the microwave. It's not that hard to hit cancel/clear.
One of my friends mentioned that she was surprised there were not more pregnancy pet peeves on my list. I do think that at some point I will get around to making that list, however since my pregnancy isn't quite over yet I feel sure there are going to be things that people have yet to say to me that will start to get on my nerves. I have thought of a few possibilities already:
  • Aren't you ready to have that baby?
  • You look like you're going to pop any minute!
  • You haven't had that baby yet?
I can't wait.

On a different note...I have been listening to my Dirty Dancing soundtrack all morning in honor of Mr. Swayze's passing. It's sad but I guess an inevitable end to the cancer that he had. In the past few months we have been subjected to various images of Patrick in his sickly state, which is not the way I prefer to remember him. So I will leave you today with healthier images of a talented actor, dancer and singer (She's Like the Wind, anyone?) from my personal favorite Swayze flicks.

Miss Vida Boheme. Oh please, if you haven't watched To Wong Fu, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar! you must. Not only down Patrick make a very convincing woman, but Wesley Snipes is hysterical.
Bodhi...dude...righteous. No really, Point Break is a cool movie.

Sam Wheat. That's all I have to say about that.

What girl on Earth wasn't in love with Johnny Castle? What girl hasn't dreamed about crawling across the floor and dancing with this man? Tell me you never got a buddy/brother/cousin to try to practice lifts in a swimming pool. I'll call you a liar. I don't know about you, but I'd carry a watermelon for Johnny. Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

I hope you had the time of your life Patrick! RIP.

3 comments:

Amber said...

You need to add football/baseball fields.

Anonymous said...

YES! I loathe the random quotation marks too! What is even worse: air quotes! Aaaahhh. I might die.

Yesterday's Tomorrow said...

one of my favourite movies - Dirty Dancing... one of my most hated movies - GHOST! (shudder)