Thursday, February 11, 2010

Holy Snow Day Batman!

I am in shock at the amount of snow we've received today. As I'm typing this it's still coming down outside and it isn't supped to stop for another couple of hours. We never get snow quite like this. In fact I just read that so far this has been the snowiest winter in 32 years. I can't wait to see what the final tally for snow fall is after this storm stops dumping the white stuff on us. Not that I'm complaining...if you know me at all you know that I adore snow. It helps that I am not expected to drive anywhere in it though.

This was my car at 9:14 this morning. It had already been snowing for six hours at this point.This is the same view at 1:06 pm. You will notice that some small little avalanche caused all the snow to fall off the hood of my car. I think probably the crepe myrtle did this when it laid over onto the car. Look at how much more snow is on the ground.
This is the roof of our storage shed at 9:15. Note that you cannot see the huge bush that sits next to it in this photo.
Here is the same view at 3:50 this afternoon. The huge shrub has now made an appearance because it cannot remain upright with the weight of the snow.
This last one is just for beauty purposes. I just love snow covered trees.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Crazy! It was actually balmy here today!