Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sisters

Maddie turns 10 years old next month. I brought her home when she was just 6 weeks old, and needless to say, she has been my baby, my little girl, for a decade. My Dad even used to refer to her as his "little black grandchild." I tried explaining to her that Mommy and Daddy were having a baby and she was getting a sister. I don't think she understood until Kate arrived.I think she's just now starting to really figure it out though.Kate giggles with delight everytime she touches Maddie. She thinks it's so funny when Maddie comes near and watches her with envy as she moves around the house. I know that it's only a matter of time before Kate begins chasing her. Does Maddie realize that this little drooling, giggling thing is about to become mobile?Enjoy it now, Maddie. Life is going to change.

1 comment:

{S} said...

Awwwww..... I'd hoped Maddie was receptive of a sibling. They are both so cute. :~) How is the cat doing? Still hiding behind a plant? LOL!