Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6 months

It's been 6 months kiddo. Can you believe it?

I took Kate to her check-up today. she now weighs 17 pounds, 13 ounces and is 26" tall. She's doing just great. I'm blessed each doctor's visit when he asks me if I have any questions or concerns and I get to say "Nope, none!". We have a perfect, happy and healthy little girl.

She had to get one oral injection and three sticks in the leg today. She screamed like a banshee. She always cries, but today she literally screamed and turned dark red. It was difficult to watch, knowing that it would hurt and she wouldn't understand why. We survived. In fact as soon as I picked her up she stopped crying and pretty quickly fell asleep. She's too young to appreciate the fun band-aids; today she got two pink camouflaged ones and a Tweety bird one.

At least we get a three month break before the next round of shots.

No comments: