Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Run for Fun

Nick has been running for almost a year now, but time has only permitted him to run in 3 actual races so far. He ran last year on July 4th in his first 5k, if you recall. His time was 33:05. Earlier this month he ran in Mayfest. He was going to run the 5k, but his friend Tom decided to run the 10k so Nick did as well. Although he hadn't been training for a 10k, 6.2 miles, he decided that he could do it and do so without walking. I was very proud of him when he called to tell me he ran the whole race! His time was 01:06:11.This past weekend he did a second 5k, the Run for Sarah. It's a fundraiser run for a young girl who died of cardiac arrest at age 12 due to an enlarged heart. His time for this race was 31:56:04! He's getting faster. Running is always something I've been jealous that people could do but not something I've ever done personally. I've recently decided that I might try it though, so I'll keep you posted in it. Maybe this time next year I'll be posting my own race times.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Go Nick!

Yesterday's Tomorrow said...

LOL - great job Nick!

I'll leave the running for you!

Jenn said...

P.S. Does he run for fun in the hot, hot sun?