Wednesday, June 1, 2011

YAWYK May Update

I told you I was going to do a better job with getting rid of stuff in May, especially after April turned out not to be such a great month for You Are What You Keep. I'm happy to report that I kept my word.

In May, we removed 174 items from the house, and we obtained 105. Now the obtain number is a little bit higher than I wanted it to be, but I totally blame my sister-in-law who gave me 3 more garbage bags of hand me downs for Kate when we saw her at Easter. I finally opened the bags to go through everything. So it's not really my fault...right?

For 2011, we've removed 793 items and obtained 383 for a net total of 410 item removed. We are approaching the halfway point in the year and we are not halfway to our goal of 2011 items removed. I'm not sure how I feel about this, as going into this project I thought surely it would be pretty easy to manage. I'm still optimistic though. We just got pre-qualified for a new mortgage and have already spoken with a realtor about listing our house. All we have to do before we put it on the market is replace the chair rail in the hallway that the cat has torn up, shampoo the carpets, and I want to pack up some stuff to move to storage to declutter.

Oh, and we need to declaw the cat, which is happening tomorrow. Shhh, don't tell her.

Then I shall remain optimistic that we will be able to sell in a somewhat timely manner despite the current market (all I need is one buyer, right?). My hope is that in the process of moving, we will be able to really clean out some stuff, therefore helping us reach our goal of 2011 items in 2011. Say a little prayer for us, will you?

No comments: