Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Decorating the Tree

Here's the deal.  Our lovely 6.5' tall Christmas tree is neatly tucked away in the very back corner of our rented 5 x 10 storage unit, along with all of my Christmas decorations.  In my moment of brilliance, I put it in first before I filled the rest of the unit with all of the clutter from the house when we listed it because, you know, we'd be moved to a new house before Christmas came around.  If my pea brain were in control perhaps, but since it's not....anyway.  I was not about to dig all of that out so I could decorate the house for 4 weeks and then pack it all back up, however Kate needed a Christmas tree.  Hello mother-in-law with a small spare tree.  Thankfully I already had a lot of salt dough ornaments I had made for our first craft show, so we put those on the borrowed tree and that's pretty much the extent of our Christmas decorating this year.  I must say, it's kind of nice and definitely easier.






No comments: