Wednesday, December 7, 2011

YAWYK November Update

I did a really good job removing items this month.  A huge chunk of that had to do with switching Kate's closet over to winter attire and opening her winter clothes to find a bunch of 18 month stuff that won't fit her, so we passed it along with a friend at church.  I also made sure I cleaned out at minimum the same amount of items Kate received for her birthday.  We sent a lot of the stuff she no longer plays with to Goodwill.  In November, we removed 175 items.  We obtained 67 items.  Fairly decent numbers I think.


So far in 2011 we have removed a total of 1641 items and gained a total of 810 for a net total removed items of 831.  


I have resigned that I am not going to hit the goal of 2011 items in 2011.  I think removing 1641 items is a really good number though, and I'm anxious to see if I can hit 1800 by the end of the year.  It will be hard because I've cleaned out so many items that there's just not a lot left to clean out, although I do have to hit Kate's toy box and stuffed animal collection again because it's getting a bit out of hand and she doesn't play with a lot of it.  I'm trying to gauge just how many things she actually uses.  I want to try to keep the toy amount the same after Christmas, so I should clean out before.

No comments: