Friday, December 30, 2011

Santa Claus

Kate sat out cookies for Santa before we went to bed on Saturday night.  She wasn't happy that she didn't get to eat one, but I think she understood why we left them on the table.
The next morning, we had to wake her up (wonder how many years it will be before she's waking us up?) and show her the gifts that Santa left for her.
 The high chair is something I found at Thrift Town one afternoon.  It was unpainted wood and had some seriously seventies really ugly fabric for the cushion and the back.  I gave it to my sister-in-law, who painted the chair black and sewed all new fabulous covers for the cushions for me.  It turned out awesome!
 The huge Barney actually belonged to my brother, Trey, when he was about Kate's age.  Go Mom for keeping him in the storage shed for all these years!  He still talks and everything.
 Mickey Mouse was peeking out of Kate's Elmo stocking.
 It took her a little while to figure out what was going on, partially because she just isn't a morning girl (like momma!).  But eventually she woke up enough to notice all the new stuff.
When I asked her if Santa ate his cookies, she made this disappointed face and said "yeah".  He left some crumbs, but I still think she was just sort of mad that she didn't get to eat those cookies!

No comments: