Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lone Star 5k

Nick and I ran our second 5k of the year this morning. The Lone Star 5k benefits Ability Connection, which provides support for wheelchair bound individuals. We started running at the Ballpark in Arlington, ran down and came up alongside Cowboys Stadium, then back by the Ballpark and past Six Flags parking lots and back around the other side of the Ballpark where we started. It was a pretty easy course - there were a couple of hilly places but nothing too terrible. My only goal today was to beat my previous 5k time, which I did no problem! My chip time today was 46:05, which is 29 seconds faster than my previous race. Nick ran in 35:21, which is actually 24 seconds slower than his last so he wasn't too pleased.  I finished 545 out of 723 today, Nick finished 325th. So for my next race I'm definitely shooting for a 45 minute (or less!) finish.

I "borrowed" these from the website of the company that took pictures during the 5k, so they are tiny and stuff but hey, I'm unwilling to pay $13.95 each for images to put on my blog.


No comments: