Monday, March 26, 2012

Photowalk; Deep Ellum

I've become a little bit pre-occupied (Nick might say addicted) to the iPhone app Instagram.  It's sort of like a social media site where you share photos.  Once a month a couple of local IGers (what we call ourselves) organize photowalks at different places in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  I've been able to attend three photowalks so far, and they are so much fun!  I have enjoyed meeting new people that share similar interests as myself and exploring new areas that I've never been before.  The first photowalk I attended we spent a couple of hours exploring Magnolia Street in Fort Worth, and last month we met in downtown Weatherford.  Yesterday's photowalk was in Deep Ellum, and I had never been down there so I was pretty excited.

We always end the photowalk by eating somewhere, so yesterday's meal was at Twisted Root Burger, which was just featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives apparently.  I ordered the turkey burger, which was delicious, and splurged on my points and ordered some fried pickles.  I think they were the best fried pickles I've ever had.  If you're ever in Deep Ellum and hungry, I highly recommend them.
 Mandy is also on Instagram, so she attended yesterday's walk too.  It was her first, but I think she will come to more because it's good, addicting fun.
  I rode over with Richard and Mom (yeah, I dragged them into Instagram as well) so on the way back from the photowalk we decided to stop at the new Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge in Dallas and take some pictures.  Until they finished the road, pedestrians are allowed to walk out there and take photos.  It's a pretty amazing bridge.



No comments: