Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pirate's Cove

Jason and Heather (my brother and sister-in-law) just bought a house in Henderson because they finally sold their house in Tyler. Jason took a job in Henderson several months ago and has been commuting until they could move. This means limited funds for a major family vacation, but they still wanted to take the kids somewhere so they came to Fort Worth! This meant that Kate and I got to intrude on their vacation a little bit, which was fine by me.

On Thursday we went to a brand new waterpark south of Burleson called Pirate's Cove. It's small, which I like, so it was not crowded like bigger parks are and since it's a little out of the way and it's only been open a couple of months a lot of people don't know it's there.  Kate's admission was free and it cost me $12.99 to get in. Not bad!
 The kids had a blast, and I did as well. There's lots of shallow places for little kids to play, several slides of all different sizes (Kate went down 3 different ones) and a small swimming pool that's only 3'6" deep. The only thing I kind of missed was a lazy river, but really it wasn't bad at all.
We wore those kiddos out, and after a few hours in the water we decided to call it quits on that part. We changed and headed indoors where the arcades and bowling were, and we paid to let the kids play in the huge playground that have built inside. I wanted to go climbing myself, but I didn't want to pay for it so I watched.

That evening I decided to be brave and took all three kiddos by myself to go eat, then to a park for a little bit and then we went to get ice cream so that Jason and Heather could enjoy a dinner out alone for their 9th anniversary.  They were a little hesitant at first because I was going to be outnumbered, but the kids were great for me and we had a blast.  Aunt Beaner rocks, you know.

No comments: