Friday, July 20, 2012

Fort Worth Museum of Science

I decided to go ahead and purchase a membership to the Fort worth Museum of Science for us. They have a lot of kid areas where Kate can play and explore, and I thought it would be something for us to do when it's too hot to go to the zoo for the day.  It was a better deal for me to purchase the 5 person membership, so if anyone wants to tag along one day let me know!  We took Trey with us for our first trip and had quite a bit of fun.  Kate was terrified of the huge dinosaur skeleton, so I had to hold her while we were in that area.  She was also afraid of the small herd of stuffed longhorn cattle, which surprised me because every time we drive by moo cows in the car she has a fit and makes sure I see them.  She also loves the moo cows at the zoo. But the ones in the museum, you know, the ones that are no longer alive? Those are scary.

I think the dark room with the black light is my favorite spot so far. There are plenty of color magic pads for Kate to draw on, and the ginormous lite brite is TOO COOL.  I want one for the house.
 
I'd like to tell you that my daughter is a genius and built the log house below all by herself, but that would be a lie. She actually walked over to this cute house, complete with little shrubbery in the "yard" and began taking it apart. She does this with legos too. Apparently a world with chaos is better than a world with structure.

No comments: