Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dolvett

While we were standing on the field at Cowboys stadium, listening to Vince Gill jam on stage during a sound check and watching the kids run around in circles (except my child, who wouldn't let Daddy put her down because it was "too woud" in there), my brother walks over to me and says "Dolvett is here."

I'm sorry, WHAT??
I'm pretty sure my heart rate shot up immediately, because I am a H-U-G-E Biggest Loser fan. Add to that I'm pretty much a complete celebrity nerd, and I was having a cow already and I hadn't even seen him. So i threatened Jason within an inch of his life that he better not be lying to me and he said that he was just standing right there but he didn't know where he went. No! I might have missed my chance??!!  So we set out to find him and started walking all over the field.
Suddenly, Jason says the words: "There he is."

Oh my word. It was all I could do not to run straight to him. Jason walked with me as I approached and sure enough, there he was...Dolvett Quince, in the flesh, standing right in front of me. He looked at me as I got closer and it was pretty apparent by the look on my face that he had been recognized and he smiled (sigh) and I think the first thing I said was hello but honestly words just began tumbling out of my mouth and I couldn't stop talking nor could I catch my breath and I was becoming completely emotional. At some point while explaining to him what a huge fan I was of the show and how much it helps people blah blah he said "Oh dear, you're getting emotional." and gave me the first of 2 or 3 hugs, I can't remember. I think I just kept touching him and talking and not breathing. It was awkward and embarrassing and FABULOUS.  I do recall telling him that his friend looked like Clark Kent and I was expecting him to throw off his glasses and coat and a cape appear, which Dolvett thought was really funny. He did say that he was just visiting, had never been to Dallas, kind of to suggest that I not alert the media, lol...so I think I replied "oh don't worry, I won't shout your name!" which I probably kind of shouted because I was seriously not in control of myself at the moment.

He was gracious enough to take a few pictures with me and when Kylie came over he talked to her about it being her birthday the day before and was so, so sweet to us. Because he could've easily had someone tell us to go away, or something, but he didn't. So we finally left him alone, which I kind of think Jason had to initiate because I'm pretty sure I would've just stood there beside him for a while blubbering if someone hadn't made me stop.
Seriously, look at that guy in the blue jacket and tell me he doesn't look like Clark Kent?

Even after we walked back over to Heather and Dad I was completely out of breath and my heart rate was somewhere in the been jogging for 30 minutes range, and my mouth was so dry from hyperventilating all over the place that I sounded like a crazed lunatic in the desert- need water....and my sister-in-law looks at me and says "So people like you do exist." and then I proceeded to tell her about the time I followed Brad Paisley through the Nashville airport and sort of did the same thing to him that I did to Dolvett only not quite as intense.

So far 2013 is turning out to be a pretty fantastic year.

No comments: