Sunday, February 24, 2013

2 alarm fire

Tonight's excitement around my house did not center around the Oscars, for certain.  I don't even know who is nominated this year. No, my evening excitement began when I kept hearing sirens in the area, and eventually my curiosity got the best of me and I peeked out the window only to see all kinds of blue and red flashing lights - they were stopping right down the street. Most people immediately run outside to see what's happening - I make sure to always grab my camera before I do that.
 You can get a feel for just how close to home this was - about 7/8 houses down and across the street.
 Then the Domino's guy showed up, all confused because the house he needed to get to was in the midst of the action. But have no fear -
 He just walked that pizza down the street right towards the burning house. By the way, he came running back to his car. I got a chuckle out of that.
 This last picture is not mine - I borrowed it from the DFW Scanner Facebook page - but you can see that the house is a total loss. I have no idea if there were injuries, but I pray that everyone got out safely.

No comments: