Saturday, August 3, 2013

Scrapbook weekend

Last weekend I met up with my Texas ladies for another scrapbook weekend. This was technically our official 10th anniversary retreat, since the very first time we ever met was in July of 2003. Three of the four original retreat goers were there - myself, Jeanne, and Sherri. We even met up at the same place where it all started- Jeanne's lake house on Toledo Bend Reservoir outside of Hemphill, Texas. Here we are ten years ago, dining at a little cafe right up the road from Jeanne's place:
and this past weekend! 

 Our group this time included Susan, who has been with us to several retreats and a new face this weekend, Cathy. She was a delightful person and I hope we get to see here again at future retreats!
 We went for several walks during the weekend - gotta keep the blood flowing instead of just sitting aat our tables working all weekend. We started off as a whole group and then Sherri and I decided to continue on without the rest.
She and I ended up doing a three mile walk before we were back to the house, across a section of the lake and during sunset. It was beautiful!  Of course i stopped to take plenty of sunset photos and my only regret was that I didn't have my wide angle lens on me.
 We even found a geocache at the boat ramp across the bridge but it was empty. That's the first geocache I've found in a long time!


No comments: