Saturday, August 3, 2013

Front Door Makeover

Once the storm doors were up, I decided that the front door needed a little bit of something extra. Well, NEED might be a stretch, but I decided I wanted it to have a little something extra. The transom above the door just sort of got lost up there, and it isn't the most attractive transom ever. Without knocking out a window and replacing it, which was not even in the realm of possibility right now, I decided paint would have to do the trick.
There was this awkward flat, blank space between the top of the door and the transom, so i had two iron scrolly pieces I had picked up at Hobby lobby sometime in the past and I decided that I would attach them to this area to give it a little extra something. So far I have left them rusty, like the were when I bought them. I can't decided if I'd like them better black like the wood, so they just sort of blend in but still give it a little something, or if I will leave them like this. Or if they should be some other color than black? I don't know. But until I decide I will not to anything to them.
I like it. The rest of the porch are needs some love. Maybe a bench? At the very least some large flower pots and flowers or something. I haven't found just the right thing yet. I'm also not sure if I should paint the tiny bit of trim around this window black too. It's the only window surrounded by siding and now brick...so it might look good with the little black outline.


No comments: